12 November 2022

hbd


Yay! 
Looking good. Feeling good! 
My energy and stamina are returning. 
No heartburn. It’s the vinegar. 


Odd. Had to ride a freight elevator 
To get to my patients appointment. 


Freaky bare wires hanging down. 


And this model of inaccessibility. 
Big awning outside. 
Double doors and signage. 
Then steps.  No way we can make this. 


Government programs 
-kids dentists- 
Have this funky pattern
AKA what it’s like to inherit 
1990s office space - occupied today. 


Like hermit crabs taking over
 other office spaces. 
One Nursing Group I worked for
Had offices in the old Mary Kaye building. 
Dallas is all brass and glass. 


Downtown Dallas 


The images of the Gentrified Farmer
And the Electric Cowman -
That mythology is alive and well. 




Modern art. Trees. 
My gosh. It’s come to this. 
I could (artfully) glue pine needles
To a canvas and be a high paid artist. 

Since the building is newly occupied,
There were no seats or changing tables. 
So we got to wait for our ride-
In a deli that was closed. 
But the nice lady let us stay 
In out of the rain and cold. 




Walked and walked and walked. 


Slept and slept and slept. 
I had two protein shakes
And a monster. 

Happy Birthday to me! 
62 today. 
I feel better today 
Than I did was I was 30. 
Or 40. Or even 50. 


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, and congrats, not too many people getting younger and healthier as the years pass! Yesterday my #3 "child" turned 34...he was born on Veteran's Day, always had his birthday off from school...was a combat medic in Afghanistan, saw some horrific stuff, saved some lives, now he actually deserves the day off:). Anyway, you're looking good, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!