23 November 2022

saved by the blog


Ahhhhh. My fave kind of day. 
I wish I were sleeping. 
Not working.  






Awhile ago, a nurse friend
Gave me this. Grand Mariner.  
 I never drank it. 
Saving for a hot toddy. Or company. 
Or a rainy day. 
I poured some out, to drink,
But never did get to drink it. 
So I poured it back in the bottle. 
Well… this is what was left. 
Odd. Shrinkage?  Evaporation? 
Mice? Fergus? 
I give up trying to keep nice things. 


Too fucking cold. 
I coughed and gagged and sputtered 
To the point where I almost pooped
In the bed. (TMI?). 
62° F. Is not good for me. 


Here’s me coughing and sputtering 
And trying to get comfortable. 
I definitely have a cold. 
Not COVID. Not again. Just regular cold. 

So my would-be hacker. 
They went on for 5 days now. 
Trying to get me to give up my password 
Give some money. They hacked my account,
And took a good amount of money. 
Some of which I got back. 
That’s ok. It’s just money. 

The hacker asked me what my email was. 
It was carb something. ???
Well… got ya! 
Red-handed dirty scurvy dog!

Everyone who knows me 
(Daily contact for 13 years) 
Knows this is me. 
Carb Tripper. 
How could she not know that!

I asked the hacker 
(Disguised as Mary) to call me. 
They said they couldn’t. 
They showed me a picture of her driver license! 
And a video of her daughter. 
Now how the hell did they get that? 

I thought they had nabbed her,
Stole her phone, assumed her identity. 
I finally got ahold of her! 
She called back. And said she’s ok. 
Her Facebook page was cloned. 
They just started blogging,
 as though they were her. 
And she didn’t know. From her end,
It all appeared normal. 

So glad she’s OK! 
Vouchsafe my blogging buddy. 
I was about to call the Orange County 
PoPo to get them to do a wellness check. 
Cuz ya just never know. 

Mary was also a music major. 
So I asked her what fraternity 
We were in together. 
Different chapter. Same group. 
Sigma Alpha Iota. 
I asked the hacker 
(Mary masquerader) and she said
“I don’t remember”. 
That’s not possible. 

I need to work on my priorities. 
I’ll shrug when I get robbed. 
Or hacked.or cheated. 
But if the night nurse says I 
Cross-threaded a connection 
And implies I did it 
Absentmindedly. 
Or intentionally. 
Or even maliciously. 
I was ready to walk out. 
I think I’ve got this backwards.  
I like this phase of my life.
I like seeing the things I can work on.  
I’m not judging or shaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!