10 November 2022

good deed day


Drove to a “country” store
To shop at an old place 
That carries wet grain-free cat food. 
Getting ready for my week
That has an heavy work rotation. 
Housemate will feed the babies. 


Brookshire’s. 
They sell sushi and firewood. 
The “country” pockets in DFW 
Some are million dollar mansions. 
Dallas is hard to figure out. 


Ugh-wipe the seat. 
This toddler certainly did pee there. 
LOL! 


Finally got to go back 
For another HBOT session. 
It was an ear-popping experience! 


Lazy cat day? 
Nah. Errands day. 


Ever since COVID,
It feels like my batteries 
Need to charge. I’m on Low Power. 
Haven’t been giving 100%.  


I can’t do my work and the extra work. 
At work. Well… at home as well. 😢
That feeling where things pile up. 
Clutter piles up when you don’t
Actually make a place for things to go. 

 Some of the others don’t help at all. 
They don’t do laundry. 
They don’t restock supplies. 
They leave chewed food on the desk. 
They’re proud of how little they do. 
They brag about it! (le sigh)


They don’t take the kids on walks,
Or talk about leaves. Or puppies,
Or have tea parties or dress up. 
The don’t read silly pirate books to kids. 
Why did they go into pediatrics? 
They literally sit there. Minimum effort. 

Home Health Nurses are like a Nanny. 
We have boundaries that are different. 
Maybe a little more relaxed. 
I’ve been with this case almost 6 years. 

So some drawers on a dresser 
at work have come undone - 
And no one has any intention 
Of fixing them. 
So. To fix? Or not to fix? 
It is worth going in 
On your day for - for an hour
To fix a problem?

WWNP D?
What would a normal person do? 
I vacillate and obsess about 
The small things. 


Steven Covey 7 Habits 
of Highly Effective People. 
Quadrant 2 
Is important- but not urgent. 
This is where battle are won. 
Like spending a few days
A year cleaning the garage.
The basement. The attic. The pantry. 
The place under the sink. 
When it gets bad enough,
We clean it out.  

A daily walk for maintenance 
Is exactly in Quadrant 2. 


It’s like Fibber McGee’s closet. 
Can’t find anything after a while. 

Broadway people go in for a sound check. 
Uber people detail their cars. 
Teachers build bookshelves
 and decorate their classrooms. 
Nurses rely on teams and leaders 
To delegate extra work… to whom? 


The scariest thing ever! 


I’ve concluded I’m not as smart
As I thought I would be at this age. 
If recognizing opportunities 
Is what we’re talking about. 
I never see them till it’s too late. 
I did well to have a basic plan. 
Some people have the ability to flex. 
Sometimes it’s all I got- just to show up. 
Some pathways are obvious
Only in retrospect. 

I listen to lots of podcasts 
And that’s a common theme. 
We don’t see what’s right in front of us. 

On the other hand, FOMO
[Fear Of Missing Out]
Is a real and compelling force 
And has caused many problem. 


Facebook has asked me if I want to monetize. 
That’s great! I have finally been seen 
By the almighty algorithm. Heheheh. 


A new product. 
Bacon Grease. 


Two shakes a day. 
Hot tea. Double flavors. 
I mix Irish Breakfast and 
Constant Comment. 
Caffeine and taste. 
I feel great and am a happy camper! 
Now. If your excuse- there’s a 
dresser drawer that needs a-fixin! 

1 comment:

  1. I don’t want to be OCD but it would be nice to work without clutter.
    Decisions decisions

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!