20 November 2022

hack days


This happens in North Texas 
every few years. 
It’s usually much less snow. 
Just ice. Or a dusting of snow. 
This was 2012. We had a blizzard in 1978. 
And ice storm vortex in 2028. 


The romance and mythology of snow
When you pretend that you love it 
And it’s just fine. 
























Take 2 heavy duty plastic bottle 
With good, tight kids. 
Fill with water and nuke for a minute. 
Put the bottles in your pockets
As you go about your day! 
Nice and warm.

I got hacked on Facebook 
And they took $1700. 
Much more than a weeks pay. 
Which is a lot of money to me. 

A friends account was cloned
And I thought I was helping her out. 
But I helped out the stocker. 
I’ll send some money. Sure! 
But THEN she asked for my 
Facebook password, and I was like 
Ummmm No, Biotch, no way! 
I started to get announcements 
that my Facebook account 
had been accessed and they 
were trying to reset the password. 
NOOOOOOOOO! 

Life in the big city involves
All kinds of bad players, and 
Crimes from the unspeakable - to
Just an annoyance or inconvenience. 

I keep telling myself that. 
Stay Zen. Think it through.
Which I did. And my reaction was
Mild enough. In an hour,
I had processed it to 
Where it held no sway over me. 

Odd-  but if someone told me
I was fat or crazy or mean or ugly-
I would be mad for a year 
And still want to fight them. 

I grew up believing that if money
Can fix a problem,
It ain’t too broke. 
It’s just money. 

Getting people to do the right thing…
Now, now that’s a predicament! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!