06 November 2022

back to work


I had a great nurse. 
BamBam Mc Fergus. 
I’d give him a Daisy Award. 
But he would try to eat it. 


He left his perch to tend to me. 
I built this space for them. 
FM Classical music 24/7. 
Heating pad (on low). 
Window ledge seat for viewing.  
I keep the Catnip in a drawer
 so they’re always nearby. 


I felt good. I actually cooked. 
I used the Instant Pot
First time since July 
When I got COVID. 

The carrots and potatoes 
are for the FlatMate. Peace Offering. 
Cold weather and soups.
 I used like 3 pounds of beef. 
Hearty, matey!

Although the red, waxy potatoes 
Aren’t a problem for my glucose. 
[Says the Nurse who ate too much 
Halloween candy just a few days ago!]


Meal Prep at its finest. 
One for now. One for later. 
One to share. Two to freeze. 
Meal Prep doesn’t have to mean 
you eat the same thing every day. 
That’s where a freezer comes in. 


Nurse Joseph. Most cuddly. 
Most green eyes. 


His problem is he likes to sit 
On a chest. A nice soft pillow chest.!  👀 
And couldn’t have him do that. 
The pain from this recent bout 
Was like having a knife go in
And turn it all around. It was excruciating!

From what I understand,
(Since there’s not much else it could be)
It is the stomach slipping up through
Where the esophagus is. 
No one can tell me why. 
Tons of reflux. Bile. Yuck. 
I never want to be that sick again. 
It’s the lowest point. 
Rock Bottom is always a surprise 
When you think it can’t  get any lower-
It often does. 


Turn back the clocks. 
Extra hour of sleep. 

Hope this is  the last time. 
I hope they get it right. 
But with the conflicts we have
In Congress and the Senate-
I’m not holding my breath. 
They’ll vote against it - 
Just because they can. 

Plus, time is completely arbitrary. 


Broth. Bone broth. 
Beef Bone Broth. 
Thanks to paleo, and keto,
You can get this in any store. 


Added 2 eggs, drizzled in
Over the back of a spoon-
And viola! Egg DropSoup!
More protein. 
Added Sesame Oil and Liquid Aminos. 


I couldn’t eat or drink anything 
without it coming right back up. 
(TMI- sorry!)
So I did what any experienced Faster
Would do. I Dry Fasted. 
I had no food or water.  
I took about 2 or 3 ounces to take my pills with. 

This is my 3rd time medically dry fasting  
A little bug went though the house
Once when I was with the baby. 
I spiked a temp at work 102.8 F. 
Like 39. 4 C. 
 So I went home and went to bed. 
And dry fasted 36 hours and was done. 

Same with COVID. I dry fasted. 
Actually went outside in the sun - dry fasted. 
And now this. 42 hours with just a few 
sips of water. I guess you have to be 
Somewhat healthy to fast at all. 
And especially to dry fast. 
But it changes you, once you do it. 

Me not knowing what’s going on. 
And me not caring if I know-
Or not! 
I lost 4 pounds. Total.  Lol. 
Thanks, Shingrix! 
It was 5 pounds, but you always gain 
when you add food back. 





2 comments:

  1. Glad you are better. I found low carb from your blog. I am grocery shopping Monday and starting phase 1 induction on Tuesday. Thanks for the inspiration. - Mer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad! I can’t wait to hear more!
      Anne H

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!