07 September 2022

sick dog days


Traffic traffic traffic!
It’s everywhere. 
All the time. Inescapable. 
The roads are like a parking lot. 








Oversleep in 3… 2… 1…
I planned to go in 30 minutes late. 
It ended up being almost 2 hours. 


I have no idea why it said I climbed
17 flights of stairs. It was the elevator. 


I feel like this  but it’s my stomach. 
I was running late and forgot my PPI. 

I’m so tired I’m actually shaking. 
I can’t do everything at home
And at work. The night nurse
Unpacked some boxes of diapers
And chux. And said these words:
“I helped you out a little!”
As if putting away stock
Is my job and mine alone. 
It’s like when Dad “helps out”
And “babysits” the kids. 
If mom works full time 
And dad works full time 
Why does mom have to also
Run the house and tend to the kids? 

Still so very tired. 
It feels like my cells have died. 
They have no energy. 
It’s hard to be happy, 
Productive, and confident 
When you feel like your body
Is not responding well. 
Time to try for the cure. 
I’m running out of enthusiasm. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!