29 September 2022

down down down


Lovely arriving early to work. 
It is a small complaint,,
 but I was very possessive 
Of those 10 extra minutes sleep. 
Still, better than being late. 


Once you get used to something,
It’s easy enough to adjust. 


Yes. Except tomorrow is the 
Randy Rainbow concert. 






The hurricane in Florida 
Is stirring up some sunset dust. 

Who wants to help me make the bread?
Not I, said the cat. 
Who wants to help me clean up?
Not I, said the dog. (Etc)
Who wants to help me eat the bread? 
Me! Me! Me! I do, please. 

People like to be disruptive. 
They like to take things 
other people have built. 
I can’t abide with that. 
Things fade and dwindle on their own. 
Why push it, and rip things apart? 
All of 2020, 2021, and 2022
We couldn’t get a nurse to come. 
Now they want me to give up my hours. 
So they can have them. Just take them. 
I’m not even asking for the help. 
They just want this particular case
But they won’t do the hard work 
To keep it. Pity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!