28 September 2023

one weak week


Texas Sage in bloom 

If you’re in a nice part of town,
Just build it- they’ll come. 
If you’re in the rough part of town,
People tear things up for fun. 

Target is closing stores in NY
And California because of organized 
Gang type robberies- 
like 20 or 30 masked men enter a store
And leave in one minute 
With all they can smash and grab. 
It’s like a billion dollars worth of loss
Just this year. 


Odd though 
The shooting is a little better. 
It was every week. 
Now it’s every month or so. 


My goal was to have 200 days. 
Even if it was minimal. 
This has some days off with
No watch and no walk. 


Get nice and sleepy,
Wind down, relax 
about an hour before bed. 
No booze and I never looked back. 
There are much better ways to relax. 




I tried to do the yard. 
I tried to do the house. 
I’ve tried for 5 years. 
Since long before COVID. 

I’m much happier not fighting for every breath. 
But at the expense of the problems
That don’t get solved. 
Just let it be. Let it fall. 


I spent more than a few hours cleaning. 
If you don’t scoop every day,
The cats will piss and shit 
Wherever they want. 
They don’t care about 
what your problem is 
Or why you didn’t feel like scooping. 

They’ll just find a shoe
And poop in there. 
With 3 cats, all boys. 
Stinky boys. Rough boys. 
Big-ass wide jaw cats. 
“Eat a mouse in one bite” boy cats. 
You have to scoop every day. 
Twice a day. 

I’ve been off “scoop duty” since Florida 
But it doesn’t matter. 
The 30 seconds it takes to scoop 
Is not worth the weeks of fights
The screaming, scolding,
Nagging never ending 
“Did you scoop”
Oh shit now dammit I forgot (again). 
Oh I’m so tired I’ll do it later…
Etc. 
Today I found 
A clump of cat litter
 that was kicked down behind the box. 
And sprinkled on until
It formed a deadly and dreaded
Ammonia Brick. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!