02 September 2023

cool days


Ahhh! It was 70° F
This morning. Nice. 


A quick 15 walk in the store
Before work. Haven’t had time 
To do that since Florida. 
😎
Meeting up with Della was
The best part of the trip! 



Cutting down the Delta 9 for sleep. 
The gummies are strong. 
And the effects are delayed. 
And I am naïve to thc d9. 
I need like 5 mg. Or less. 
Less is more. 


Supply side lol. 
Not for me. Lol. 




No Llama Noooooo!
No covering up signage. 
Poor things will probably 
have jail time. Since we live in a 
zero tolerance police zone. 


Instant teleportation to middle school. 
If you go back far enough, they say
You can even smell the mimeograph!


Ted Fled. 
Do we live in a crazy world. 
Every thing was bothering me. 
I was so mad I could not focus. 


Switched back to monster. 
More Vit B complex. Also Taurine. 
And adaptogens. And 150 mg caffeine. 
Half of what I was getting in C4. 
I was drinking way too much caffeine. 
That was making my angst worse. 




I would not have believed it 
If I hadn’t seen it personally. 
I had a phantom memory moment. 
Just like people do on TV. Nuts!


Back Story:
In Nursing School, my then GF and BFF
Was writing to me every day. 
Love notes. Such passion! 
We had been together through
 literally everything. For years. 
Since high school. 
On again. Off again. 
Cone here. Go away. 

Such mushy things we say in love. 
You're the only one for me. 
“I love you so much, 
It makes my heart hurt!”
I think about you every moment 
of every day. 
I can’t wait to see you! 
I’m so proud of you! 
And so on and so on. 
I cant wait to live with you! 
Just to say, it wasn’t some 
“maybe” casual relationship. 

It was assumed that after graduation,
And after the NCLEX, we would continue 
Together- with school and life. 
(Never assume!) 
And just make our way through the days. 
I never thought I was as smart as her. 
Although I had 3 different instructors 
Personally refer me to Medical School. 


So my Sweetie and I called each 
other from a pay phone - off base. 
I was at Fort Bragg! 
Airborne Rangers on one 
Side of our barracks. 
Special Forces on the other. 

We called every Tuesday night. 7 pm. 
It was long before cell phones. 
I loved her snd she loved me. 
Or so I thought. 


One Tuesday, via phone, 
completely out of the blue,
she said she was going to marry 
a guy named Randy in 10 days.

  I was like Who is Randy?
Obviously you’re seeing him? 
Can it wait? Till after the boards? 
What the hell? 


They did indeed marry in 10 days. 
I graduated in September. 
And sat for the boards in November. 

Must you give me gut-wrenching news 
Right before graduation? 
Nursing School is damn hard.  
Imagine Army Nursing School!!
I look back now and know 
it was sabotage. 
At the time, I thought she 
was being held against her will. 
Brainwashed by society. Nope. 


Well… I sat for the boards. 
I held it together. 
This was before don't ask- don’t tell. 
So its not like I could go to my 
Cadre’s Office for moral support. 

I was at my Reserve Unit in November
And deployed in December. 
In Germany in January. 
(Till like May or June!)

So the glitch in the Matrix occurred 
This week. Low-key awareness. 
And I finally, absolutely forgot those dates. 
This is the first time I didn’t remember 
And observe the dates. 
Progress after 33 years. 

Many of my friends are planning 
to leave Dallas for better climates. 
I hate it but I don't blame them. 

Its like I just last 2 months. 
Lol. Just getting by. 
Day by day. 
The past months of heat
Didn't help at all. 

Another song. 
Day By Day 
From Godspell. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!