07 September 2023

no h8 shirt

 
No Kitteh, noooooo
Mine. Mine. Mine. All mine. 
About 30 grams of carbs. 
A wee bit of gluten. 
Flatbreads are ok now and then. 


Came home last night. 
This shirt was growing legs
And was being abducted. 
It was on its way to a pool party. 
But without me. 


I queried 
“What is my shirt doing there?”
And my answer was “YOUR shirt?”
Yes. MY shirt. 2014. 
Limited Edition. 


THEY/ THEM
“CAn yO U shOw mE a rECiePt?
DO yOu hAVe a pIcTUrE oF
yOu wEaRiNg thE sHIrT?”


ME: 
Yes. Here the NOH8 conference 
I attended. It was a small fortune 
For professional grade pictures. 
Were YOU at NOH8? 
Did you attend? 


ME:
No. No you didn’t. 
Do you even know where 
you got that shirt?
Besides from my room? 

Housemate:
No. I can’t even remember. 
I don’t know how I got it. 
Or where. Huh. 


The day at the photo shop. 
And the framed picture. 

I took out every shirt to find it. 
Can’t prove it isn’t there. 
Can’t prove a negative. 

Still reeling from the last night. 
He shrugged and said 
“Oh tAKE thE ShIrT!”


Parked so hard in the bushes,
My parking light came off. 
Snagged by some bushes. 


Then, I went to the Clinic
To pick up the papers I left last week. 
They lost them. 
With no back up copies. 
Every form. Gone. 
Hours of data. 

None. No back up. 
Pull out the Sad Trombone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!