18 September 2023

breakthrough day


Red sky
Don’t cry lol
We interpret the sky
But not the bigger meaning. 

In nursing, we call that 
“Monkey See/ Monkey Do!”
Learning by rote. Ugh. 


Life is life Whack-a-Mole. 
You get one thing settled
And something else pops up. 
I just got work settled. 
Now the home front is upside down. 
Again. 
“Never again” is what you swore
The time before. And so it goes. 

I’m no longer willing to play along. 
I will find a path to my peace
Even if I’m the only one. 
We have reached yet another impasse. 
It’s all the time now. 
Irreconcilable Differences. 


Send me a sign! 
Well… ok …?
Is he a School Guard Crosswalk person?
We all need signs to hold up when someone 
Is doing wrong. Just stop, dude. 


An eerie glow. At night. 
I had no idea it was a
Glow in the Dark shirt. Lol. 




Fell asleep with the 
watch on the charger. 


FG is picking up traction!
The lead from Glee 
So it’s a recipe for ripe picking! 
No one has seen this show on tour
Or Broadway- since 1968. 


The Shadow Self. 
I’ve been doing my shadow work. 
Even helping my little 13 year old patient. 
We “hear” the voice of specialness 
And the ego… and we temporarily 
Hear no other god! 


People are partying and merrymaking 
And lie. “Out came this golden calf!”
Just walked right out. Yeah / No. 
I’m teaching my young charge 
We need to be humble to hear
What God  Allah would have us do. 
We’re not little kids anymore. 
Time to grow up. Amen. 


When things go wrong,
 it makes sense to make a plan. 
You can make a plan to leave. 
You can make a plan to change. 
Or you can make a plan to accept it.  
The Serenity Prayer. 

Or now this new version. 
Lol. 


I will NOT take emotional abuse
And name calling from someone
Who thinks I’m less important 
Than he is. 
Well… I won’t take it from anyone. 
Even murderers have rights 
And can’t be treated abusively. 

We had a Transfusion Nurse 
Come to the case. She tried to get 
IVIG going (gammaglobulin)
And had a hard time getting the vein. 
It take a team to prep. 
What we do on Wednesday- 
Effects the shift on Thursday. 
She is a Case Manager 
With an eye for problem solving. 
She analyzed that I am 
Close to burnout because no one else 
Does much of anything at all.  
She validated my truth. 
And it was instantly healed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!