01 August 2023

first of august

August Bloody First. 
So we meet again. 
It always brings bad news. 
But the “bad news”
Always has turned into good news. 
Bad relationships. 
Bad jobs. Good riddance. 

PeeWee and Sinead. 
As a LatchKey-Boomer,
I predict we will see our idols 
And heroes take turns 
Merging with the Infinite-
With every week that passes. 

Paul Rubens was 70 years old. 
May the memories of him always
Make you look. 🥸

America- threadbare 
And barely hanging on. 
Shame on companies 
Who fly rag-tag flags. 

Soooooo…. We waited. 
12 noon prep ✅ 
1300 drive ✅ 
1400 appointment done. ✅ 
1500 waiting
1600 waiting
1700 waiting
Waiting in a hot corridor 
With no chairs. Bare cement. 
You know- out by the loading dock. 
1800 waiting. Finally. The van. 
1900 literally walked in the door
With 5 minutes to spare. 


Instead of helping, the night nurse
Sat and watched as I unpacked
And got the patient ready. 
She said (and I quote)
You want to do it-
Do it all by yourself. 
And she sat and watched. 

So I asked again 
And she said - and I quote -
Why are you spending your energy 
On asking me again?
I already told you to do it yourself. 

Time to take out the trash. 


From 10 years ago. 
Clouds. A beautiful sight. 


A year ago. 
Sweet Baby BamBam. 




Health health health. 

I’ve lost an half inch. 
In the Army, I was 5’2”. 
But they really never measured. 
I was actually 5’2” with shoes. 
Now, I'm 5’1 1/2” with shoes. 

My plans for this week?
I have a few appointments. 
Im going to meet up with 
My dear friend Cindy. 
But first- i have a few people 
Im going to wash 
Right out of my hair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!