20 August 2023

the eagle has landed



Dallas had the hottest day 
In the country yesterday. 


We haven’t had great news
For many years. 
It’s hot hot hot 
After covid. Too hot to farm. 
That is obviously a problem. 


They have us on rolling blackouts. 
They don’t let us know when 
Or how long they last. 


No fan, no AC, no medical equipment. 
Shame on Texas for bragging 
About being so wonderful and
Having our very own grid. 

I predict a northern migration. 
Watch out, Montana- 
Here cones Boomtown.  
Its hot there, too, though. 


I consider the Muslims
To be experts on fasting 
And dry fasting. 
And during Ramadan,
They break their fast with watermelon. 
(And of course dates)

If the filter eats first,
It neutralizes the carbs. 
Lol. That’s humor. 
I might have had 20 carbs. 
It was so sweet. 



What happens to those 
Water Balls that Dementia patients 
Can “eat” to get hydration?
I’ll stick with Snake Juice. 
















Why why why? 
I am not a daredevil. 


I have been mortified 
(Literally?)
About my seeming inability 
To get my patient to stop 
For the one second it takes 
To do some teaching. 


We seem to be like a chronic 
Anne Sullivan and Helen Keller. 
More like Tom and Jerry. 


The big break came when I remembered 
This lovely line from ACIM. 
(A Course In Miracles) 


I forgot to forgive 
And let it go. 



Now I’m remembering. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!