10 May 2021

two days off

I remember how wine used to have
A 6 hour window. 
6 hours later, I was awake. 
Listening to my heart beating 
Fast and loud. 

The new way. 
Work and rest. 
For some reason, 
I’m still not 100%. 

Walking is about to ramp up. 
I have a slight case of sciatica 
Probably form being in bed 5 days 


It’s 6 weeks to the day
Of my collapse and hospitalization. 


Sleep is a priority. 
Why do we cheer when 
People “get by” on 4 hours sleep? 
Wouldn’t we function better 
with more sleep? 

I say never again 
Then I do the same exact thing. 
I didn’t prep my lunch
Or have a back up plan 
And ended up ordering Uber Eats. 
$30 for a few bites of disappointment. 

I slept 14 hours after the garage sale
And I woke up late for work! 

Fried Brussels Sprouts 
With Ranch Dressing. 

Cheeseburger no bun. 
Hold my hubs please! 
Looks like it was dropped on its head. 
Not complaining. 
Just reaffirming- 
It’s better to wait and hope for better. 

Cardiac appointment tomorrow. 
No booze. No Advil. 
Walking every day. 
No carbs. No gluten. 

I have really calmed down, as well. 
I set better boundaries at work. 
I take zero shit from anyone! 

Also, my obsession with travel
Is back down to just desire. 
I guess maybe I was using 
The idea of travel 
to keep myself motivated. 
When it was really just exhausting 
Getting through the days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!