26 May 2021

ptsd

I need to break free 
Just for a Staycation 
Just for a week. 


Cute solar floating pool lights. 
I’ve been doing Covid since 
2 Januarys ago. 
I am ready for a break. 
Colorado was canceled 
Again. Sooooo


Every week there is a shooting
In my part of town. 
And gunshots many nights. 
Especially on July 4th weekend. 
I always promise myself 
A nice get away. 
This year- I’m going through with it! 
So I don’t have to have wine to calm down. 
2 months no wine. No Advil. 


Fun in the sun. 
Fun in the pool. 


Sleep late. 
No housemate’s alarm going off
On the only chance I get 
To catch up on sleep. No comment. 


Leave the rats to the races for a while. 
Still working, but maybe closer
 to the job site. 


Freshman Food
No fridge at work. 


Same ole same ole. 
Dance with the once who bring ya! 
I’ve always had this as a back up. 
For 13 years now! 


Labs today. 


6 years ago my life changed forever 
In 1 second flat. Dogs. Fucking dogs. 


I thought I would be farther along. 
Living on an island maybe
Eating lobster and crab every day. 
And here I sit. 
With my bum leg - in a castle in a cloud. 
Ah well. 

I did a CBC, CMP, iron panel,
NMR - the new VAP 
Feratin - the new LDL
HA1C and CRP. 

This company is owned by a Keto group. 
So they cut out the middle man. 
All these standard online tests 
were $250 at Direct Labs. 
With Own Your Labs- about $150. 
Can’t beat that. 

After Covid - all the bets are off. 
Except one:
Don’t bet against me! 
I’m beginning to see there’s more to it 
Than maintaining weight. 
Which- I have done (+/- 15 pounds)
With a broken leg! 
And near fatal anemia! 
Bragadocious me. Lol. 
I’ll see myself out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!