24 May 2021

late day






Getting my walking in. 
I can’t decide between 
a long walk on my days off
Or resting and recovering. 
So my body decided for me. 
Rest and recover. 


Yum! Let’s make some. 
Goat milk. 
For the cats. 


Goat Milk
With Icelandic Yogurt Siggi starter. 




They say it’s thin. 
And needs a thickener. 
But I just strained it instead. 
1/2 gallon made about a 
quart of yogurt and a quart of whey. 


Passes the taste test. 




Commercial Goat Milk Profile. 


Organic Ultra Pasteurized 
Cow Milk profile to compare. 

Goat milk has a different protein 
Alpha 2 Beta Casein - than milk cows. 
Guernseys and Jersey cows 
(The brown cows)
Make A2 protein as well. 
Its more digestible to people who are 
Lactose intolerant or have allergies. 
Holstein cows predominantly give A1. 
They’re the black and white milk cows. 

Also goats don’t make aggiltinin,
Which is what makes cream 
Rise to the top of milk. 
Plus the fat in goats milk
 is a smaller molecule. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!