28 November 2021

wrong day


Headache all day. 
Went home early. 
Went to bed early. 
And here’s me with no Advil. 
I no longer keep Advil with me. 




Take one course of action-
Or another- for completely 
Diametrically opposed
Mutually exclusive outcomes. 













I woke up today (Sunday)
And thought it was only Saturday. 
And I was crestfallen. 
I love Nursing but it sucks sometimes. 

It’s a job where you’re on your feet. 
It’s hands on physical. 
Not like teaching.
Such energy is required! 
There are times that 
I’m not sure I have that energy. 
I know it wo T come from carbs. 

They make me sick. 
I haven’t been dehydrated 
Since o was in the hospital. 
In fact, I’m “juicy”. 

But when I eat carbs,
I physically get nauseated 
And light headed. 
Especially processed ones. 
Especially gluten. 
Never worth it. 
Not even one bite. 
After all- I already know
What they taste like! 
No excuses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!