26 September 2021

end of an era


Didn’t want the night to end. 
I got a text from an old friend 
and family member of a young girl 
I once was Nurse to. 
She lives through her childhood, 
And died last week. 
Talk about a hard case! 
But then again- 
No case is easy. 


In a perfect world, 
we wouldn’t need nurses. 


This poor kid had a 
subdural hematoma. 
Most people die from that. 
Just like on Law & Order. 
I was with this case 12 years. 
We were like family. 




Managed to keep it clean
For a few days now! 


Henna finger dip. 
Just for fun. 


It’s 98° in the room where I work. 
Even more- and hotter
If you sit next to a machine. 



The old person selfie! 
They never seem to know where to look. 


Edited To Add:

Got to work. 
Got a text. 
My sister died last night as well. 
Odd. It was about the same time 
I was awake last night. 
Just woke up. 1:30. 
Maybe she came to say goodbye. 
Fly on- 
Sweet Baby Girl Ashton
And Sweet sister Kaye!




2 comments:

  1. So sorry about Ashton and your sweet sister Kaye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much.
      She was 80. And not in good health.
      But still.
      And the baby- it’s always sad to lose a little one.
      Even though she was all grown up by now.
      Two in the same day. Incredible sad news.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!