19 May 2020

rode trip


Aye, Sassenach-
The fields are a-coming in 
All nice and brown. 
‘‘Tis almost harvest time,
Ye ken?


Even the flowers on the dell
Will give off a different smell 


This quarantine has gotten out of hand.
As a healer I canna find bleaches
And other concoctions 
For cleaning the wee bairn’s room. 


Now to find time 
To go enjoy it. 
I’ve let me chores pile up
And now I have to have 
A chambermaid to help. 


‘Its a giant rat! 
Nah - it’s on my wee cat
Joseph. The fierce. 

I wore my mask 
To provide social distance 
And came away with a sun tan 
And a mask line - the new look for CV19 


All I can say now is 
“Watch me now!”
I’m so excited I made it through
And now - well - I’m giddy 
With excitement. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!