11 May 2020

on and on


Happy Mother’s Day 
Mother!  I miss you. 


Her mother- I never met her.















And so it is done. 
I worked through CV19. 
I worked my ass off
And never missed a day. 
Not even a minute. 

January, February, March,
April, and May. 
I quarantined in place (most nights)
and slept on a mat on the floor at work. 
And never faltered. 

I kept my boundaries 
And never gained. 
Or went off plan. 
Although my plan 
Was greatly expanded. 

I used an odd technique 
To get my little man
To settle down. 
And now I know it has a name. 
FOMO. 
Fear Of Missing Out. 
It’s his weakness. 

A few days now and then
Of fill ins. 
I’m the oldest nurse. 
But I do most of the work. 
The most hours. 
And the most physical work.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!