09 May 2020

rebt


I have decided 
That complete abstinence 
From wine- is unrealistic. 
Especially now. 
I take my Advil at night 
With a wee swig 
And sleep like a Bairn. 
Just not the whole bottle. 

Of wine. Not the whole bottle of wine. 
Well- not the whole bottle of Advil, either. 




18 weeks
Of mostly 6 days a week. 
I’ve worked my butt off 
Since January. 

I think we Fatties want to 
(for example) 
Loose 100 pounds 
Buy a new house
Get married
Get a PhD 
Run a marathon 
Adopt some kids
Have plastic surgery 
Knock ‘em dead at the reunion
Learn a hobby 
And drink wine on the patio
- ALL at the self-same time! 
And we end up failing miserably. 
There’s probably a term for this behavior. 
I’ve seen many bloggers try 
And fail for decades - like that. 


Looks like I made the right decision. 


Going back to 1990 
And Albert Ellis.
Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy. 
Smart thinking. 


No rule says everyone has to be nice. 
In fact, lots of people are decidedly not nice. 

No rule says you can’t have 
An unpleasant work situation. 
In fact, many jobs are 
Woefully unpleasant! 


And that’s ok. 
I think I finally took 
the training wheels off. 
Why waste a lifetime 
Waiting for things to be good?
They’ll never be all good. 
Just start and do your best. 
Free advice. Lol. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!