28 August 2019

NSV day


The secret to a good sleep 
Is not to eat too late at night. 
Or drink. 
So you don’t have to go pee. 
Problem solved. 


Even had a nice bright salad. 
No croutons. 




Planning for the future 
When you are involved with 
Unpredictable people 
Is hard. 
But we’re used to doing hard things. 

You have to make 2 sets of plans. 
IF someone’s spouse (or family) dies...
And IF they leave them a small fortune...
THEN that person 
MAY OR MAY NOT 
Stay ... or go....

If they leave, they’ve more than likely 
Been planning it all along. 
But they make it look like it 
Was spontaneous. Why?
To blame you and justify 
cutting you off. 

I used to think the current politics 
Don’t represent the will of the people. 
Well, in a way- they very much do. 

They represent the part 
that grabs all they can 
And micromanaged everyone. 
But not themselves. 
Some animals are more 
Equal than other animals. 

Having said that, I was recruited 
By a Travel Nurse Company 
That lands government contracts. 
I guess because I’m Army. 
They want to interview me 
For a nursing position in an 
ICE Detention Center. 

I would love love love to go. 
This company also has the contracts
For the IHS - Indian Health Services. 

So they’re big players. 
I have an telephone interview 
Later today. I’m excited! 

If I stay or if I go, 
If I do Travel Nursing
Or just vacation...
I sit content. 
I’m happy to go or stay. 
Based on my choice. 
Not the will of something completely 
Out of my control. 
Like someone else’s crazy 
Gaslighting behavior. 

I guess that’s the biggest NSV
I’ve ever had. 
I’m fine. And I’ll create ways
To be fabulous either way. 


I constructed it such that no 
Borderline Personality type can 
Sabotage or trick or pull the rug out. 

I wish I had learned this when I was 30. 
Better late than never. 

But I’m kinda a slow learner. 
It wasn’t too long ago that I learned 
I can’t eat like a teenager 
All my life and not gain weight! 

At least now, I’m a Happy Learner. 
And I’m not fighting the information. 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!