02 August 2019

gainer


It’s sad. 
The nurse was nearly 2 hours late. 
I told her to take her time. 
And she definitely took it! 

I’m not complaining. 
I try to practice gratitude. 
But gosh almighty. 
What has become of nursing!??

The family says the night nurse 
Keeps the lights on all night 
And talks so loud on the phone
She wakes the family up. 

She sings all night, too:
What can I say 
What can I say
All the good things 
the Lord has done for me. 

This goes on all night. 
And she’s loud. 

I imagined poor Jesus 
Running around, 
Tripping and fawning 
All over Himself. 
Frantically trying 
To get all the details “just right”
To please Miss L. 

In the first few hours of my shift, 
I have the lights off, 
And the Quran playing. 

She don’t care. 
She just blurts on through. 
To hell with every one else. 

I joking told the family
That if they move to Denver,
I would move with them. 

I was only halfway joking. 


A typical day for a home health nurse- 
Keeping Baby Brother from eating 
Mommy’s Diabetic Lancets. 


The Baby has this on her wall. 
I’m quite sure she laughs at me. 
We have a silly idea 
Of what we need. 
But we really don’t have a clue. 

Gotta love apps. 
They’ve come a long way. 

I had very little pain at work. 
Just brain fog. 

How can it be 
That sometimes it takes an hour
To get ready and you’re still late. 
And sometimes you wake up late
And get to work early? 

Life is an illusion for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!