06 August 2019

day off


Up to pee a lot. 
Sorry. TMI

I feel like I still have a little stone
Still lodged there. 
But nowhere near the same pain. 


So I drank these 3 beers yesterday. 
It was a sacrifice, but I did it. 
It took like 24 hours. 
Each is 24 ounces. So 6 beers? 


Chili. 


I like movies. 
I love movies. 

I boycotted movies for years 
And absolutely never even would watch TV
Or anything at all. 
Looking back, I think I was depressed. 

Since then, I’ve made up for lost time.
I love having such access to film. 


My lap is made for sleeping. 


Feed them. And they 
follow you anywhere. 


Goofy cat pictures. 


A little morning sun. 
I try to get natural light in the day
And avoid Blue Light at night. 

With the Baby, her shifts were
Only 9 hours long. 

So I had to work 6 days
 to get my hours. 
Now I work 4 or 5 days,
12 hour shifts. 


Or Monday. Or Tuesday. 
I never have weekends off. 
Being not married, 
And having no kids,
The weekend shift differential 
Wa always too good to pass up
Just for the so-called privilege 
Of having weekends off. 
And I seldom to to traditional church. 

On my days off now, I sleep late, 
And don’t even shower. 
I’m a total slob for one day. 
And get my errands done the next day. 

Still don’t think I look nearly 60! 
I’m too cute to be old. 
“LOL”

When my Dear Mother was my current age,
She already had a hip replacement. 
The ended up with 3 total. 
Both hips and a redo. 
She liked to blame genetics. 
I blame her carb-based,
Wheat-based diet. 

She actually loved nursing 
and wanted to be a nurse herself. 
The school was too hard for her
(Her confession - not mine)
And so she settled for 
Medical Records 
With a Liason in Nutrition!
The government version 
Of SAD. 
The Standard American Diet. 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!