21 April 2023

day off

 
Quick Sqall Line Thunder Storms. 
The kids at work have never seen hail
So I got to show them. 


We opened the windows 
to the patient’s room 
and I put on some Chopin. 
Nocturnes and The Ballade. 



He sat quietly in amazement 
Which is cool because 
he was definitely working 
on his stubbornness. 

I wonder how many Nurses 
come from a background in Music. 

Four and Twenty Blackbirds 
baked in a pie. 

The Kratom is still changing my life
In wonderful ways. 
I get blood work every 6 months or so. 
A CBC is like $8 so it’s good. 
I check for anemia, HDL, HA1C,
And now, liver enzymes 
Because Kratom is metabolized hepatically. 




I went to bed at 9 pm. 
But the watch chooses the time 
It shows for sleep. 

The occasional long shot. 
I’m 2 pounds from my lowest 
But I need to tone up. 

The trick is to lose weight 
without getting that gaunt look. 
“Heroin Chic” is not a good look past 60. 

Errands today. Laundry and shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!