30 June 2021

staycation plan


I can’t tell if I’m having escape fantasies 
Or just love to hike- or both. 


Ahhh the summer of 2021. 
Fucking hot. 


Asphalt roads are buckeling. 
(How do you spell that?) 


This is in the panhandle of Idaho. 
Right up near Canada, eh?
It should be cooler. 


Bernie Sanders was right. 
Climate Change will effect us all. 
Now. In our lifetime. 




The National Parks are overrun. 
Probably parents trapped with kids all year. 
Summer vacations are out for me. 
I think I’ll go in the spring or the fall. 
One long raft trip. 
Then back to alternative vacs. 


Maybe it will be like a gym in January. 
Wait a while and all the stragglers 
And WannaBes leave out. 








So many films about hiking and 
Boondocking. Van Life. 
Everyone wants to travel. 

My first year getting stuck 
In a snowstorm at the North Rim-
I was often the only person on the highway. 


Mommy- take me! 
No! You have to stay home. 
Stay home and work on not being an asshole. 


Having variety in playlists
Is a must 😂 

Soooo. 
5 nights away. In town. 
What shall I do? Fast? 
I think I’ll fast. 
I don’t want to clean any dishes. 
I don’t want  to get up early. 
I don’t want to mow the yard. 

I want to fast, walk, 
Watch pod casts. 
Sleep and swim. 
Treat this like it was 
A Fasting Resort. 
A rest and reset button. 


1 comment:

  1. I think it's spelled "ass-fault". Your stay-cation sounds restful. Fasting sounds awful, but in reality, I feel so much better when I do it, those times I go off the wall and eat things I think I love, I hate how I feel. I hope you get rested and recharged.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!