13 February 2021

viral insanity


Magnesium is the key
To sleep that I’ve been looking for. 


One tablet and boom. 


New fave. 
Avocado with Lime and salt. 
Done. 



A few bites of Sweet Potato 
For some reason helps. 
Must be high cortisol 


So the mom on the case had a CV19 test. 
It was negative. She’s just diabetic. 
But here’s the kicker. 
All the nurses refuse to come to work 
Until the patient has a test. 


That’s not how this works. 
That’s not how any of this works. 
Non Nurses- I get they’re afraid. 
Like the people I live with. 
They scattered like flies. 
Just from a possible exposure. 


This virus is showing people’s true colors. 
I am 100% confident in my skills
And have 100% faith in my training
And my skills - to be exposed to 
Nearly anything- given the right PPE. 

What are these Nurses thinking? 
How can this be optional?
There are so many Big Bad Wolves 
Out there. Why this? 
Incredible ignorance. 

It’s been a year of sleeping on the floor
And working doubles 
And planning and plotting. 
We are now in Year 2 of CV19. 
A year ago, I said to ask me in a year
How I’m doing. 
And I’m still thriving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!