08 February 2021

end of an era








Escaping through music 

In an act of total arrogance and superiority,
The people I live with
Threw away a very special container 
I’ve been keeping my spices in
Since I first started low carbing. 

Instead of thinking - or asking-
WHY would she have an old 
Cottage Cheese container from 2009?
They just threw it away
Without a word or a thought. 

Obviously it was being repurposed. 
It was filled with spices. 
Onion, garlic, paprika 
And a dash of cayenne. 

Plus it had spices in there 
From last week. 
When I made my last dry rub. 
Plus I told them about it
In case they found it
And wanted to throw it out. 

So I guess in their heart 
They think I’m stupid Or lazy. 
No need to ask how you really feel about me. 
Your assumptions just spoke volumes. 

Plus, in true Goldilocks fashion,
They drank all my booze. 
All of it but one can. 

So. It’s just a container. Get over it. 
Don’t let it get to you. 
It’s just a container. 

Ever have something special?
One small thing that wasn’t even worth a fart. 
But it had meaning to you? 
But someone thought so little of you
They trashed like you were a hoarder
On Buried Alive? 

As if their opinion of you 
Counts more than your opinion of you?

I’ve been crying lately 
Happy tears. 
Healing tears. 
Not anxious tears. 
Relief - seeing  the beauty of life. 
And seeing the bad people leave 
And the good people return. 
Even that’s being used against me. 
“You cry every day!”
This is not my tribe. 

Living with people sucks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!