03 February 2021

finding the idiots


Magnesium and Hypnotic 
I need to get some LC beer 
For nights I can’t sleep 
But for the most part,
I’ve stopped drinking (again)


Snake Juice again
Sung to the tune of 
“Pregnant Again”
From like 1980




Siri took this picture 
All by herself. 
I guess she wanted to be on my blog. 


Being at work at 0645
Ready for the 0700 shift. 
Pay me. 

I tell myself I get paid only
To walk through the threshold 
Of the door on time-
Prepared to work
And that’s where I get paid. 
I stay on my own time. 
Silly. But it works. 
I’m never resentful or burned out. 


Still looking for the idiots
Who can’t put together a machine.
Not even a Nurse Aide would make
The mistake of transposing these lines. 

The ones who did it are the same ones
 who bullied me last year.


Still looking for the one who 
Hurt my paw. 
Goofball sleeps sitting up. 
He still licks me every night. 
So he’s still in my room at night. 
Maybe he’s ready to contend 
For himself. 

First tone I’ve done my hair
And used product 
Since the CV19 began. 
I think we’re about
To turn a corner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!