10 February 2021

fantasy flogger


2 days Dallas to LA. 
1500 miles. 
Or 3 days-  Why not 4? 
Stopping to meet bloggers
And tool around New Mexico 
And Arizona. 

I have a Nurse Friend 
IRL in Ruidoso. 

We’re talking 6 weeks vacation 
Minimum. Post Covid life. 


I would take the
Pacific Coast Highway 
Big Sur.  California 1. 
About 1300 miles. 

Round trip 4500 miles. 
Who drives to Alaska, anyways?

Maybe  revisit some of the places 
I loved in the Inland Empire. 
See if the Poppy Preserve 
Is in bloom. 
See Death Valley.  

And visit every little town 
My heart desired. 
2 days- maybe 3. 
From LA north. 
I’ve never seen San Francisco. . 


Stop to see the Redwoods. 
I promised my mother 
I would take that trip one day. 


Coming back, I would see
 as many National Parks
As Trekki and could stand. 

All the while, I would be scouting out
Places to live. 
I still want to travel. 
It was just summers but then -
I thought why not just be a gyspy?
Take the cat and the litter box and my new knife
And go. 

After Covid-19
Every door is open to me
As a Nurse. Why not? 

Get Trekki some new shoes 
And take off -  a summer adventure! 

The worse my real life gets
The more I plan things. 
Many of these are really just fantasy
Because they will never come to pass. 
 
Is fantasy so bad? 
It’s just thinking. 
I’m not obsessed. Yet. 

At some point a thought becomes a plan 
That’s how anything begins. 
Just an idea. 


A month in a bedroom 
On AirBnB 
Is often $500 - $600!
A bargain! 


Air BnB 
Anchorage Alaska. 
One month. 
And get this-  I could drive it. 
Texas to LA. 
LA up the coast to Seattle. 


Marine Highway to Anchorage. 
Marine Highway is just a ferry 
From Seattle to points in Alaska. 
You  have a cabin - it can take days! 




Denali National Park. 


You know I love me some salmon. 


I’d have a car when I got to Anchorage 
To see as many National Parks 
As I could. 
I AM obsessed with the National Parks. 

Not now. But in 2022. 
While I’m still fit enough to hike it. 
(God willing!)

Do I have the courage 
To not let other people
Stand between me
And my long term goals? 


1 comment:

  1. I went to see redwoods, but it turned out they were just trees. THEY WERE JUST TREES!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!