11 April 2020

the indisputable truth of high glucose


Sleeping perfect. 
No wine. 
The undisputed truth 
Of wine and sleep. 

Plus, the heartburn. 
And more than that. 
There’s a tightening 
Of the whole esophagus 
That sometimes causes spasms
 when I eat- they last like 30 minutes. 
It’s like getting choked. 
But I can still talk and breathe. 

That hasn’t happened in like 6 months. 

Good reasons to never revisit. 


How long will this 
Shelter In Place Order
Be in effect? 

No privacy anywhere! 


The girl (sister)
Asked me if an adverb
Is AEIOU. 
Lots of home school
The past few weeks. 

She is trying to read this book. 
But she’s nowhere near 
this level of reading. 
She still has daily rage attacks. 
Sometimes hourly. 

Too bad, too. 
The boy adores her. 
I think he holds on to
Any memory he can. 


I had some fries. 
Not too many. 
Couple of handfuls. 
Again- the effect was immediate. 

I had to walk up the steps one by one. 
And my hands cramped. 
My knuckles were sore. 
I had to wear my glasses for distance. 

It’s insulin and glucose. 
Both are bad. 
Never worth it. 

Insulin and glucose is like driving 
with your foot on the brake.
You go nowhere and
Just gum up the works. 

My hair is growing in so thick. 
And even a little darker. 

I want to shave my head 
but we’re coming up on Ramadan,
And I don’t think it’s a good idea. 

Everyone is shaggy this year. 
LOL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!