04 November 2023

low hopes


Pete has never been to IKEA. 
It’s best if you go with 
someone your first time. 


Platers that don’t let your food touch. 
Lol. Pete doesn’t like his food touching! 
Lol. 

It’s like a maze inside. 


I look old. Like an old hag. 
I look like I could be 
Fanny Brice’s mother. Lol. 


5 guys Bacon Cheeseburgers Bowl. 


The boss is here. Look alive! 
Working on the closet. 


Someone has been going into my room 
(Someone?) 
And knocking down 
The picture of my ex. 
I’ve found it face down several times. 
Leave me and my stuff alone. 
If you approve or don’t -
I don’t care. Idiot. 
People say it’s protection mode
But the only person 
I need protection from 
Is the one who thinks he can choose 
What’s best for me and my life. 
If I want to be friends with my ex
That’s my worry. Not yours. 

The bigger problem is why do 
Some people think they have 
The right to do that
Again and again and again. 


Up in the night for Advil. 


IKEA is huge for walking. 
3 miles easy just going through. 

I took an extra day off this week. 
Last week, I worked 7 days. 

Saw this movie “Breach”(2007) 
It’s based on a true story. 
An FBI agent Robert Hanssen-
Was a double spy and sold US out. 
A new guy was sent in to catch him. 
The Agent in charge said she 
spent her whole career 
working on catching him -
And soon he will walk away. 
Unless they catch him 
At the absolute last minute. 


Nursing is odd. It’s like a very generalized 
Background with oddly specific features. 
Leave your ego at home. 
Because it  just gets in the way. 
Be ok with being one of many
-each with our specific job-
And not much recognition. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!