26 January 2020

stupid day


Another day
Another Chaffle 




I’m adding an excursion 
To my summer trip. 

An overnight river raft trip
In the Grand Canyon 
Is often in the thousands. 
Big Bucks. 
🤑

The Upper Colorado River
Excursions are much less. 
Maybe permits and fees? 

So in addition to a few
Mini-excursions, hiking etc- 
I have added a 2 night raft trip. 

I’m really too old
For Pediatric Search and Rescue-
Trying to find some bright little kid
Who remains trapped in a body
That won’t cooperate with his mind ... 

Some Good Will Hunting
Story of triumph and winning. 
The truth is- most people 
Just don’t come through tragedy
And come out on top. 
It’s hard enough to get though each day. 

This kid was fussing today 
when my shift started at 6 am. 
He was covered with 3 blankets. 
And it’s mild weather outside. 
I’ve got the window cracked! 
Birds are singing. 
No rain. 
Why 3 blankets? 

Also the thermometer was under his arm. 
Life is hard enough without having
Bad Nurses - HORRIBLE Nurses. 

I am ready to give up. Again. 
So I focus on work and getting away. 

The only thought I’ve had 
For a year is trying to figure out
If I should stay or go 
In this anxiety provoking, 
All-consuming case. 

I just want to go to work, 
Do a good job, 
And go the fuck home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!