28 January 2020

clean day


The WingStop by my house
Has bulletproof glass. 


Ready for beef. 
Probably today. 
Or tomorrow. 
I don’t have hunger like I once did. 


Just nosy buddies. 


Why are people like this? 
I never hope to understand. 
And yet - here we are. 


Rainy day stuff. 
I have a lady
Who helps me clean. 
She’s been helping me for years. 
We’re friends by now. 

She’s coming today. 
We deep clean 
4 or 5 times a year. 

There’s no place for extra stuff 
In this house. 
The house is big, but the layout 
Reflects a more 1950’s mindset. 
Master bedroom with Water Closet. . 
 One big bedroom,
And one small bedroom
In case you have 3 kids. 

If not, you have a sewing room. 
Or a guest bedroom. 
(The small one is my room.)


Also, coat closets and built ins. 
The Family Room. AKA the Den. 
And the quintessential Living Room
That no one ever sits in. 
You know- with the big, open windows. 
And picture books on the coffee table. 


So yeah. Time to clean the house. 
Every time we do this, 
I downsize a little bit more. 
Keep some stuff. Seasonal things. 
Christmas stuff finally gets out away. 

I’m a big fan of sites like 
CraigsList and FaceBook MarketPlace. 
You can buy something for cheap,
Use it, and sell it back. 
Free Trade! 
Or just give it away. 

The trick is to be Zen 
And not get too attached. 
Cuz she’s never coming back. 
Never ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!