21 December 2023

christmas duck


Baby’s 3rd Christmas 


I needed a little Christmas 
Right this very minute. 


3 socks for 3 cats 
3 socks for 3 people. 
This will be the first Christmas that
Booze isn’t in the house at all. 
I quit drinking wine after Covid
And ulcers and needing iron
And 2 blood transfusions. 

It’s like a hard reset. 
Our old bodies are like
DUDE WTF are you asking of me? 
Yeah, well screw that noise!
And we either listen-  or not. 

I’m not going to be a mousie little
Codependent, either. 
I’m prepared and extremely well-read. 
And more to the point… 
I take no shit. I’m done with shit. 





Spatchcock a Duck. 
lol. First grader humor 
With duck body parts. 


To Spatchcock a bird,
You remove the spine. 



OMG dinner was great. 
And I watched the film 
 It’s A Wonderful Life 
My first time seeing it. 
Needless to say, I cried and cried. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!