13 February 2020

time out day


I think I’m in a panic. 


All panic. No Disco. 
I’ve been edgy all week. 


These dog-faced pony solders 
Aren’t helping. 


Cute though. 
You have to beg to pet him. 
I feel like Steve Irwin trying time coax
This cat for 5 minutes just to let me pet him. 

Some cats don’t like being handled rough
And turned prone on their backs. 
This one for sure hates it. 
He’ll never get used to it 
Or learn to love it. 

That’s the trouble with anxiety. 
It doesn’t magically go away
Or turn into love and understanding. 
Except in the movies. 


At least the weather is nice. 

Up 4 pounds from that 
Stupid little bottle of Baileys. 
Never worth it. 

So I placed myself in “Time Out”
To gain a little distance and 
Just get through the weekend. 

Works for kids. 
Why not me!? 
Can’t hurt- for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!