14 February 2020

much better day


Yeah. 
I dedicated this blog to Atkins. 
Turns out, that’s in spirit only. 
The flesh is weak. 
Not weak per se- 
Just unable to go much above 
Induction Level Carbs. 
No rise in blood glucose
But damn! 2 pound pure water 
For every 30 carbs.

It’s not “fair!”
But what is? 



Broke my promise 
to not get more cream. 
I got cream and coffee
But I didn’t drink it. 

I wonder if this guy is alive. 
It’s cold outside. 


This bird is stepping in high cotton! 
Found a morsel. Yum! 


I, too am stepping. 
I bought food for the weekend. 
Salami Salami Bologna. 
I really like the Reuben Rollups. 

Damn yesterday was hard. 
Everyone was crying. 
I was crying. 
The mom was crying. 
The kids were crying. 
No one was strong. 


At the end of the day, 
We turned the lights down, 
And told everyone to be quiet,
And turned the boy’s room 
Into a Prayer Room. 
We put on the Quran- 
 Surah Rahman. 
And of course Dua Shifa 
We do this every day,
But the family never joins us. 
Last night they did. 


I don’t wear my hijab 
Except in Ramadan. 
I don’t want to wear it all year. 
Never did get used to it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!