19 February 2020

calm down everybody


I slept late late late today! 
I had crazy leg cramps. 
That hasn’t happened for years. 


My true pleasure 
Drinking this strong ass coffee. 
It’s a meal in and of itself. 


My little buddy. 
He’s so freaking skittish. 

Sooooo...
I’ve come to terms with chaos.  
It’s part of life. 
I talked to a trusted friend 
About the “house” part. 

And to my Life Coach
About the work part. 

Both situations are crappy. 
Both will never change. 
The real question is:
What flipped inside of me-
That made me suddenly 
Unable to cope? 

Expectations?

I believe that the country
-and the world-
Is experiencing a higher level of stress
With the turbulence and 
Intentionally disruptive 
Current administration. 
This true Baby Boomers 
Aren’t going out without a fight. 


FaceBook Time Hop. 
6 years ago. 
I’ve kept my weight off! 
*pats self on back*
With little riffs here and there. 
Even 15 pounds shows up 
On my small frame. 

When people get married or divorced 
Or both 
Or break a leg or lose a job
Or have medical debt
Or have a flood or move 
Or have stress at work
Or get depressed
Or lose a baby
Or lose a brother
Or fail to stop a suicide- 
They regain their weight 
And then some. 
It’s the “and then some”
That gets me. 
It’s always “and then some.”


Taking my lunch to work
Is good for Low Carb
-it’s really Keto but I still say LC-
And it’s good for $$$!
I’ve almost paid for my trip 
With just quitting wine
And quitting eating out 
On the daily. 

Or rather- nightly. 
I would eat and lay down. 
And now, since I eat around noon, 
I have no more reflux. 

“Amazing how that works!”
Says the nurse. 


The camping slash Colorado Trip
Is coming into view. 


Not sure the ski crowd 
In Breckinridge is ready for 
Tokyo-style accommodations! 
 
I prefer a little cabin in the woods 
Any day. 


1 comment:

  1. I am not a camper but I love hearing your stories of your travels!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!