10 February 2020

home again


Back at home. 
My own bed. 
Apple Watch. Ugly sweater. 
Big cup of Joe. 

Since I started adding 
The right amount of grounds,
I love brewed coffee. 
Especially Starbucks. 


I found a carafe on Marketplace. 
5 bucks. New In Box. 
I shall now have hot coffee
Any time of day. 


I spent the weekend elsewhere 
- closer to work - 
To save the hour commute 
To and from. I traded it 
For 2 extra hours sleep. 


I increased my Melatonin 
To 20 mg. And slept like a Baby. 
Well- a medicated baby. 


Nursing is all about problem solving. 
In fact, the Nursing Process 
- the basis of all nursing- 
Is problem solving. 
PIE- Problem, 
Intervention, Evaluation. 

So the boy is heavy. 
And he’s now almost as tall as I am. 
So I bought myself a lifting belt. 

I can’t eat late at night. 
So I bring my lunch to work. 

My next problem is 
how to get some walking in 
When I work 8 am to 8 pm
5 days a week. 
I need to start walking again. 

I tried walking before work. 
I could try walking after work. 
If I had a 9 to 5 job,
I would be in the gym every evening. 


2 comments:

  1. You are a true nurse. Even in your own life you apply that principal and make sure you are never stagnant and always adapting to your situation to achieve results. So proud to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your spirit, the way you are always adjusting and tinkering and improving your life. I also love Starbucks bagged coffee, the medium roast. I love getting the whole beans and grinding them up fresh, mmm. It's the little things. And when you cut out sugar, it's nice to have some coffee to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!