20 August 2020

dead plants




You know how you get a certain feeling? 
Like looking at a mess
And thinking 


NO WAY this happened 
On its own. 

I think my plants were doused with weed killer. 
By the guys I paid to help me. 
Fucking idiots. 

I guess the sooner you get up
And get back on your feet-
The better it will be. 
And move on. 
No grudge. 

And never ever use those guys again
 For any reason.  Ever. 


Same with the hoses. They’re all new. 
How can this be? 

It’s the insomnia. It’s maddening. 
Even with the blends. 
Even with melatonin. 
I’ve had a glass or two of wine
Every night for sleep 
For so many years. Now none. 
I don’t drink socially- just for sleep. 
I never have wine with dinner. 
I like to let it knock me out. 

So my plan is twofold. 
1. Increase activity in the day. 
It’s finally not 100° F anymore. 
2. When the challenge is done,
Go back to one glass of red wine
A night. Not 2. Not 3. 
Atkins said one glass is fine. 
How smart he was! 
But (and this is a big butt)
If you can’t stop at one,
It’s better to stop altogether. 

8 months of lockdown. 
And all this work. 
Craziest year of our lives. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!