30 August 2020

back of beyond


Finally some rain 







The worst of summer is behind us. 
I can now start again. 
I’m so glad! 

I have some friends 
who think I’m clinically insane. 
Which is a real shock because 
They offer no help. Only a diagnosis. 
It’s demeaning. 

I’m always getting that. 
Half the people I work with 
think I have Aspergers. 
Which is an insult to Autistic people. 

I’ve never worked in a pandemic. 
It’s not as fun as I thought it would be. 
I’m not depressed. 
I’ve had a few moments of anxiety. 
But I keep pressing on through. 

I hate that these so-called caring people
Would choose to ruin our friendship 
By directly saying
(Not implying) 
that I have a mental illness. 

Time to find new friends! 

Even if it were true - 
I wonder what good they think 
it would do to bring it up 
unsolicited - unasked for. 

People watch too much TV. 
They’re all armchair shrinks. 

Off to work!


1 comment:

  1. The simple truth is they don’t know me and they don’t like me. And they have to come up with some name to call me.
    If I had a mental illness, that would be a truth. Not an insult. People throw words around - like an attack. I’m done with it -and them.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!