20 February 2019

things that spark joy

The old and the restless. 
Lol. 

Cleaning is awesome if you have 
Some extended periods of time
And energy 
To dedicate. 

I cleaned out every drawer,
 nook and cranny, 
And organized everything!

What didn’t get organized 
Got donated. 

I took an extra day off. 
I got news from my nephew 
That another nephew was killed. 
He was in a MVA and just didn’t make it. 
 
Later, I read on Facebook 
That he had taken his own life. 

I hate to think he suffered. 
And didn’t think he could reach out. 

So I’m taking a Mental Health Day. 

Cook once. 


Prep for the week. 
Less to clean up. 

Mmmm... 
Egg Pie. Aka Quiche. 



2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. It's so saddening to think someone believes they have no one to turn to and only one way out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enz. Thanks.
    Paul was such a good man. I reached out to him a few times, but he was like a cat - the kind that hides under the couch. And won’t come out. Even though you just to pet ‘em and play and feed ‘em and tell them how awesome they are.
    He just wasn’t having it. My heart breaks for him. He was just a few years younger than me

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!