12 February 2019

amarillo by morning

I tossed and turned all night for like 3 nights
Trying to map out the logistics 
Between Dallas (my home)
And Taos. 

Ruminating like that for me 
is largely a sign that something 
critical is being ignored. 

I don’t want to get to the campsite late, 
I certainly don’t want to try 
and find it in the dark. 
I don’t want to leave at 4 am. 
Especially after packing the night before. 
Especially if I have to work that day. 
That’s just silly. 

Twice I drove from Dallas to Tucson
In one day. 1000 miles. 
16 hours. I was shotthe next day. 

So I found a crash pad Air BnB 
For $30 in Amarillo. 
Just a place to bust that 12 hour trip up. 

Now I can get to Taos and get some groceries 
And campfire stuff. 
And checknin early enough 
To o some hiking and exploring   

There are 3 driving segments on this trip
Where the time has to be precise. 
Now there are only 2! 


Last chance for Texas BBQ! 


Not sure if I’m frugal or just poor. 
I got these for $10 
plus shipping on eBay. 


Somethings are better to buy locally. 

Ok. I feel better now. 
Must be the answer 
I was looking for! 



2 comments:

  1. Plus I can sleep a little later, and finish packing out the car. It’s better to pack in daylight, anyways.
    I wouldn’t have worked the day before, anyways.
    Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I LOVE the idea of camping, the REALITY of camping, not so much!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!