06 January 2019

onward and




Everything seems like a good idea at the time. 
This is sleep with Pinot Noir. 

Or rather- lack of sleep. 
I tossed and turned and sweated
And coughed all night. 
And had bad dreams. 

My heart was bounding 
And woke me up several times. 


So this little bird. 
Every single morning 
She’s right there. 
700 in the morning. 
She’s waking everyone up 
To say the day has begun. 

I’m back to work with my little boy. 
He’s not exactly nice,  and likes to tease. 
I know there are kids like this. 
It just a phase. 
But it lasts like 20 years. 

I’m waiting for him to wake up
So he can push and fight and 
mock my every word. 

I’m really close with the family here. 
We went to Ramadan last year, 
And they taught me so much. 

I’ll be playing 3-4-5 all day today. 
I’m so anxious I could throw up. 



1 comment:

  1. I hope things find a new normal for you. I hope you find peace in knowing just how special you are and how good you are with people of all ages. Good luck Anne. Remember to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!