06 June 2023

regular day


This beach is really just a 
parking lot by the highway
They could have bathrooms and vendors. 
But noooo just park and look. Lol. 


Maybe it’s the slow lane 
So they kids can see the ocean. 


I thought this was Lantana
But those spikes? 


Invasive Lantana? 

Avocado tree? 


And this poison-spitting red-legged 
Floridian Grasshopper. 


Him. He’s the culprit. 
These guys are like a small cigar. 
Big and voracious. 
They are like everywhere! 


Regular people neighborhood. 
Nothing fancy. The best of AirBnB. 
Getting to see real people doing common things. 


I was invited to a fancy $$$$ dinner. 
But I didn’t bring dress clothes. 
So I went to a few stores to look. 
Business Casual. 

You can’t pull a rabbit out 
From a hat unless you have
Already put a rabbit in the hat. 

So I said “thanks for the invite,”
And went home. 
And had a protein shake. 
I get so anxious doing things
That are even slightly out of 
My comfort zone. 


Mr Beast (?)
Monster Brew? 
A match made in heaven. 


The summer Florida cut for 
Senior Ladies. Standard Issue. 
Short back and sides, with a FauxHawk top. 


Driving home,
I saw a wee pink flamingo. 
Just one. In a group of others. 
He was far away. Plus I saw a snout 
Come up out of the water. 
Turtle? Alligator?
🐊 see ya later 





And here we go. 
I gained a little energy back 
Last week but so far,
This is the slowest vacation ever! 

A long leisurely trip. 








2 comments:

  1. Miss Della! If you’re around I would LOVE to meet up.
    Text me 214… 354… 0 85 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! I'll be in Zephyrhills for a few days, then Tampa for the weekend. I'd love to make it work, not sure at all what our schedule will be but I will definitely be in touch. I can't believe we'll be in the same city at the same time, we have to make it work!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!