07 March 2020

spring is here


PB &J




I’m ready for Phase 2 




A dirty wheelchair. 
Which I had just cleaned. 


I’m the one who orders supplies 
And puts them away. 

I’m finally ok
With no one else caring 
Or doing anything more
Than sitting in a chair. 

Well- I’m not ok. 
But I know it won’t ever change. 
No one else is too upset 
About it. Just me. 
They think I’m over-reacting. 


Last year and now. 
This has been a hard year. 
I’ve aged exponentially. 

It’s been 3 months since I quit
Drinking wine 100%. 
Well- 99% to be sure. 

And 6 months or more since I cut
Way way way (way) back
To a glass or two a week
From a glass or two a day. 

Frankly, I expected easier weight loss 
And better energy. 
Better facial muscle tone
As all that Jazz. 
I look worse. 


Before the blends. 
Well soon see!

Still finishing up the massive 
72 hour schedule. 
Plus driving! 
Long days. 

I’m glad for days when
The boy is not too sick 
Or too emotionally demanding. 
So far, he hasn’t slipped back 
into old habits. 

Maybe if I can keep
And edge on my work,
We won’t have to! 

We can go outside now-
His favorite thing in the world to do. 
A walk down the street
Is like a trip to Disneyland for him. 

It’s all he wants to do. 
I get that. 
I’m fixated on my vacation! 

Gotta take time to be present 
While we wait. 
Or we miss everything now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!