12 January 2024

the bitch is back


Found this old gem. 
Maybe 1974?
Middle School days 
I wasn’t slender as a youth. 
But, also,  I was not heavy. 
I thought - at the time- 
I was a walking sow. 
Cruel - how we think. 


More Carnivorous Carnivore. 


This…. Not so much…
Found this in the Freezer 
From someone who was here
In August. Scallion Pancake. 
Would not necessarily recommend. 






We’re full on back to name-calling…
Prowling around… blaming…
And shutting down. 

Not sure I agree. 
I can’t see the balance. 
So far it’s accept the bullshit 100%
Or move out. 

I’m still trying to communicate 
Openly and honestly 
By asking for consideration. 
We need to be able to communicate
 like equals. Adults. 
Ask for what we need. 

Like: please don’t disrupt the household 
By insisting on getting up at 3 am. 
We need to have Quiet Hours. 

And being told again and again:
You’re Jeckle and Hyde. 
You’re bipolar. 
You need a different job. 
Put in earplugs. 
I’m not going to adjust my schedule 
And my life for you. 
Etc etc etc 

EXCEPT the only 
Days he gets up early is
On my days off!!
The other days he sleeps in. 
He drivers for ride share 
So he can pick any time to drive. 


This has been here for like 10 days. 
I’m not cleaning it up. 
Not now. Not ever. 
I am not the maid. 
Am I being an Asshole? 


3 am wake up. 
And I just kinda lay there. 
Train myself to relax. 



You can’t go to a hardware store 
For moldy bread 
And spoiled milk. 
I am so glad I didn’t grow up 
With an Alcoholic. They’re mean. 
Like a snake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!