24 September 2018

trophy club


Sitting there at work 
With my handy dandy thinking cap on ...


Trying to figure out how to add height 
And a splash of color 
To my display for the Reunion ....

Just as a fluke, I checked online. 
A guy on Facebook Marketplace 
Was giving away a box of trophies!
And he was less than 20 minutes away. 

His kids are grown and don’t need them. 
But he didn’t want to just trash them. 
The trophies. Not the kids.
He kept the kids. 
🤣😉🤣
By the way, after the reunion, 
I plan to donate these to a school 
Or organization in need. 
Which pleased him, 
And the girls - now grown- 
Who won the Trophies! 


I added some Football  parts. 
Band parts. 
Did you know trophy parts have names?
So for $20 I got my display. 



In the recent past, a few kids
Have asked why our most famous 
- or infamous -
Classmate is never included 
With the people we’ve lost. 
I’m going to include him. 
I went to school with this guy. 
All the way back to elementary school. 


The kids at work plus this on me. 
And called me a Troll. 
I think they meant it as a compliment!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Unfortunately I can’t think of anyone noteworthy or notorious from MY HS class (‘81)...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!