12 September 2020

sleeper, awake


Always amazed 
At how much I forget
That wine disrupts sleep.
I see this and I remember. 






Sleep is the name of the game. 




I have no peace at work. 
The little reprieve was temporary. 
The little patient can’t commit to change. 
There’s no reason I should feel
Obligated to live my life 
Getting him to try. 


I’m sure Helen Keller felt horrible
When Anne Sullivan 
Married John Macy.


I’m sure Christy Brown 
(Seen here as portrayed in the movie
My Left Foot - Daniel Day Lewis)
Missed his Speech Therapist 
When she got married. 

These cases have such an odd transference. 
It’s like quicksand or walking in the mire. 
Everyone gets stuck. 


I have ideas of what i want to do. 
Can’t hurt to see if I can 
Do them or not. 

I want to do them while I’m still 
Young enough and strong enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!