17 September 2020

new day again


After many false starts 
I’m ready now 
For something better. 
The proverbial 
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. 


Before I put my feet on the floor. 
I love getting 10 or 12 hours sleep. 
I feel like I’m paying off
My sleep debt. Finally. 


Took the cans to be recycled. 
I got $4.30. 
That’s about a dollar 
for each large trash bag.  
That’s the last time. 
32 cans per pound. 
35 cents per pound. 

A penny saved- 
Is a penny! 

I’ll donate them next time. 


I got my car inspected 
For safety and smog
And got the registration done. 
All little boxes checked off. 
Adulting day. 




The babies took off! 
They grew so well
I have to idea what to do next. 
It’s almost time to bring them inside. 
Next year. Maybe next year. 
The soil will be amended. 

Spell check just wrote “soul.”  
Maybe my soul will be amended. 

Texas has a longer growing cycle. 
Zone 8 B. 
Or was it 8A? 
Who knows anymore. 


Was going to go to a sit down 
Or rather- takeout- restaurant 
To celebrate sobriety from junk. 


But I settled for my old fave. 
Canned chili and pork rinds nachos. 
I put some cream cheese in the chili 
But I can’t get it to taste the same
As chicken tortilla soup. 

This cans were stinking 
And reminded me of my traumatic youth
With beer cans and cigarettes-
And plus they just smell like shit. 
One bag leaked and cans went everywhere 
And old stale beer spilled on my seats. 
Never again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!